A week ago, we were glad to publish the first Beta of the version that embodies the future of iceScrum!
iceScrum Version 7 Beta
If you did not hear about it yet, you can read the blog post named “A bright future for iceScrum”.
First, we would like to thank our early users for their encouraging and insightful feedback! We are glad to see that you like this new version and we will do our best to make it even better thanks to your comments.
A sample project is automatically created for you and you can play with as you want. This version is free and unlimited and it will not affect your existing subscriptions in any way. Thus, you can also freely create new projects. Just keep in mind that we may not be able to keep your data as this is still an early stage of the Beta.
We will try to keep a good pace by releasing new versions often and keeping you updated through blog posts such as this one.
This new version is the occasion to adopt a clear and broadly use version number pattern, inspired by Semantic Versionning. It should help keep up with version updates.
Speaking of updates, we have just deployed the first update of the Beta version: 7.0.0-beta.2. Here are the main improvements and bug fixes:
- Change and remember display mode for core items: post-its (several size) or table rows
- User avatar in project context has a border colored according to the user role
- Sprint list dropdown in Task Board to easily switch between sprint
- Automatically hide done tasks if more than 4 of them to focus on current work
- Caret on post-it “gear” icon to make it clear that it’s a menu
- Display suggestions of stories with similar name when creating a story
- Improve automatic focus on form after submitting data to avoid unnecessary clicks
- Remove previous state from browser history after removing an item
- Display star icon on story post-it only when the use follows it to reduce visual noise
- A registered user cannot create stories on a public project
- Links in notifications are broken when not in a project
- Deleting a sprint with not done tasks fails
- Sprints duration is one day more than the configured duration
- There is no way to change the default sprint duration for a project
- The “Auto planning” menu should not be listed on a “in progress” sprint
- List of stories candidate to be planned don’t follow the backlog priority order
- Flickering when selecting a story after deleting another one
- The UI is not refreshed on mobile networks that use cache
- Missing i18n
- Changing the feature of a story causes the UI to freeze
- Removing tags from an item require refreshing the page to be visible
- “Unauthorized” error doesn’t properly redirect to the home
- Effort field not displayed in details just after accepting a story
- Various UI fixes
Go to http://beta.icescrum.com/ to try this version!
The beginning of the Beta stage was dedicated to ensure that everything works smoothly.
The first results are really encouraging and so we are preparing the Roadmap to inform you about the steps that will lead to the general availability!