iceScrum | How to track individual user task burn down E2E in a sprint? – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discuss on iceScrum

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author

melwynjensen
    Participant

Is there way to track individual user tasks burn down? Looking for this as it will help the individual to weigh and check against the contribution towards the sprint and possibilities figure out the possibilities on how to improve. Am not sure if it’s already there. If so, can you please let me know how to get it?

I know about the filter of tasks with user in the sprint but how about after the end of sprint? to check each users contribution with charts maybe?

Thanks.

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hello,

There is no way to track individual contributions to a sprint other than the task filter.

This is intentional. Indeed, such feature can be easily abused and favor micro-management whereas agile methodologies rather encourage shared responsibility (both for success and failures) and collective discussions regarding improvements (through “retrospective” meetings).

To be successful, this requires communication, mutual trust, honesty, transparency… which is not easy to get but we want agile teams to head towards these values rather than helping them keeping the opposite ones.

melwynjensen
    Participant

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for getting back. 100% agree with you but I wanted to point out more of individual contributors checking their own progress and not in respect to weighing their calibre or throughput (micro management), the option can be hidden to everyone else but only for the individual user it’s visible to find out how well he/she can improve sprint by sprint.. cause at end of day agile should help one to build as an individual which will automatically form the perfect team and not just adhering to the process alone, just my point of view 🙂

Thanks.

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to explain your point, I understand it better now and it think that it is a good idea, thanks for suggesting it!

Right now all our efforts are focused on publishing iceScrum R7 beta, which scope is frozen now, but we will keep this suggestion in mind.

melwynjensen
    Participant

Thanks Nicolas for consideration 🙂

Am eagerly waiting to contribute for R7 beta testing – https://www.icescrum.com/blog/a-bright-future-for-icescrum/

Thanks.

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Don’t worry I did not forget you! 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Questions and help’ is closed to new topics and replies.