iceScrum | Taking ownership of a project (to delete it.) – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discuss on iceScrum

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author

jabraham
    Participant

Some random people have logged into my server and created projects. I’ve disabled their logins, but now I want to delete the projects. It seems I could do it “cleanly” using the Delete… menu item, if only I owned the project.

I’ve been looking around in the database in icescrum2_team_members and acl_entry and acl_sid and acl_object_identity and I think I can see where I own some projects and not others, but when I change the entries I still don’t have the ability to update the team or delete the project.

Where is the PO&SM flag stored? Can any PO&SM delete a project, or does it have to be a special one?

Due to staff turnover, or other possibilities, I think it’s important to be able to assign a new owner to a project. Any suggestions?

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hello John,

We recommend to avoid such manual changes in the database: the ACL system is not trivial and the risk to break data consistency is significant.

There is a way achieve both your goals:
    1. Delete a project without being the owner.
    2. Change the project owner.

Both actions are available in iceScrum for all projects when logged in with the administration account (username admin). You just have to browse the project page (direct link or by using the “browse others” menu) and use the project menu as if you were the owner.

Please note that you can disable registration and disabled project creation in the iceScrum config. If project creation is disabled, only the admin can create projects.

jabraham
    Participant

Thanks for the help. I actually forgot about the admin account.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Questions and help’ is closed to new topics and replies.