iceScrum | Reopen a closed sprint – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discuss on iceScrum

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Author

sara
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    We are just starting to icescrum and accidentally closed an unfinished sprint.
    Is there a way to easilly reopen it?
    We are using the bundled R3#8 release.
    Many thanks,
    Sara

Vincent Barrier
    Participant

Hi,

No you can’t.

sara
    Participant

Even by using some SQL command?
    sara

Vincent Barrier
    Participant

It depends because closing a sprint is a part of the workflow (move stories / tasks to done state, urgent tasks to the next sprint, charts will not be updated).

Really not recommended.

tonyp
    Participant

I too ended up closing a sprint by accident. As a new user sometimes things like this happen. (Whether or not they are part of the accepted scrum flow…)

I was about ready to give up on icescrum because of this one frustrating issue… I ended up closing down the server and hacking the prodDba.script on the back end… (You need to set the status and close dates. It’s not an easy thing to do. If your project is bigger then my little test project it may not be doable.) If you are using a different DB you may have to use SQL. (Shut down the icesrum webapp first and make a backup to be safe. It took be several tries to find everything…)

Maybe this is something that needs to be put in as a user story to the icescrum app that the icescrum team is using to develop icescrum… 😀

poum
    Participant

A “are you sure combo” could be a little workaround ?

Vincent Barrier
    Participant

Yes, Could you add this user story to our sandbox ? (http://outils.icescrum.org/projet/p/ICESCRUM#sandbox)

Kagilum
    Keymaster

It is possible to reopen a Sprint by exporting your project (it is generated a .zip with a xml file of the project), manually editing the sprint status from 3 to 2 and importing the project again, by choosing the altered file. Be careful to keep the backup to restore the project if something goes wrong.

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestion leticia, however please be very careful with this kind of manual modification. Indeed, bypassing the business rules enforced in the application will make the data inconsistent and may lead to critical problems.

jabraham
    Participant

I have my backend database doing a nightly backup. I’ve never actually tried it, but I’m pretty sure if I did something wrong (like close a sprint before its time) I could restore the database from the nightly backup.

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Nightly backup is a very good policy: there are never two much backups!

Restoring a former database should work like a charm. However, as a general rule of thumb, recovery solutions should always be tested on a regular basis.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Questions and help’ is closed to new topics and replies.