iceScrum | Read HSQL database – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discuss on iceScrum

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author

icescrumft1
    Participant

Hello,
    I tried read data from HSQL database with multiple tools and with all tools I can read system tables but it seams that there is no other table in the file.
    I open the prodDb file as data source and use the user “sa” with no password.
    Can you help me finding the correct way to see my data?
    Thanks in advance

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hello,

Which version of iceScrum do you use?

Versions 7.* don’t use HSQL by default, but H2 instead. Thus, you have to pick an H2 driver in the tools you tried.

The user / password you tried are correct. By the way, you may notice that these credentials are far from secure, that is part of the reason why we strongly recommend switching to an external DBMS. The other reason is that the storage system of H2 is more prone to loosing data than other DBMS.

icescrumft1
    Participant

Hello,
    I am using V7.
    Thanks for the information.
    It is now working with DBeaver and H2 driver.
    Just for everybody know that HSQL tools is showing system tables even if it doesn’t find any database, which makes you feeling that you are opening the database. However, it is creating a new database with HSQL format which differs from H2 and is not stored in the same files.

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad to know that it works now. Thank you for the detailed feedback for the community, that may help someone!

For the record, the R6 version of iceScrum was using HSQL, while the v7 uses H2 by default. While being a bit safer, H2 is still not suited for production.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Questions and help’ is closed to new topics and replies.