iceScrum | New story in sandbox not appear in the column "Story" in "Sprint Plan" section. – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discuss on iceScrum

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author

Francisca Georgue
    Participant

Hello everybody,

I have installed IceScrum R6#14.11 Pro on Glassfish 3.1 (with Java7).
    I saw in a video tutorial that when a story is created, this story must appear in “Product Backlog” and “Sprint Plan” section.
    In “Sprint Plan” section, this story must appear in column “Story” like show this video tutorial: https://goo.gl/9sz9Tx
    My problem is just this not happen. Maybe because have I installed a free version of icescrum?

I hope you can help me. Thanks!

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hello Francisca,

As shown on the video Part 3, stories are created in the Sandbox, not in the Backlog. Once created in the Sandbox they can be then accepted to the Backlog.

Then, Backlog stories must be estimated as shown in Part 4 so they can be planned into Sprints, for instance in the Release Plan view as shown in Part 5.

To sum up the beginning of the story workflow:

1. Sandbox: Create
    2. Sandbox: Accept to backlog
    3. Backlog: Prioritize (optional)
    4. Backlog: Estimate
    5. Release Plan: Plan story from backlog widget to sprint

An estimated story can also be planned into a sprint in is “update” form. This is the regular workflow from the free version, there is a slight difference in iceScrum Pro where you an alternatively create stories directly in the Backlog, skipping the Accept step.

Francisca Georgue
    Participant

Thank you so much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Feedback, defects, evolutions’ is closed to new topics and replies.