iceScrum | Installation on Windows 2008 Server – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discuss on iceScrum

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Author

fclaramunt
    Participant

Hi to all !

My environnement is this one :

– Windows 2008 Server
    – Xampp with Tomcat and Java 7
    – MySql

– I copy icescrum.war and get this error in icescrum.log :

2015-12-03 16:24:36,282 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO grails.spring.BeanBuilder – [RuntimeConfiguration] Configuring data source for environment: PRODUCTION
    2015-12-03 16:24:44,238 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader – Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘messageSource’: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘transactionManager’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘sessionFactory’ while setting bean property ‘sessionFactory’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘sessionFactory’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘hibernateProperties’ while setting bean property ‘hibernateProperties’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘hibernateProperties’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘dialectDetector’ while setting bean property ‘properties’ with key [hibernate.dialect]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘dialectDetector’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘transactionManager’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘sessionFactory’ while setting bean property ‘sessionFactory’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘sessionFactory’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘hibernateProperties’ while setting bean property ‘hibernateProperties’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘hibernateProperties’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘dialectDetector’ while setting bean property ‘properties’ with key [hibernate.dialect]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘dialectDetector’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
    … 5 more
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘sessionFactory’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘hibernateProperties’ while setting bean property ‘hibernateProperties’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘hibernateProperties’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘dialectDetector’ while setting bean property ‘properties’ with key [hibernate.dialect]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘dialectDetector’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
    … 5 more
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘hibernateProperties’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘dialectDetector’ while setting bean property ‘properties’ with key [hibernate.dialect]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘dialectDetector’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
    … 5 more
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘dialectDetector’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
    … 5 more
    Caused by: org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
    … 5 more
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy22.getMetaData(Unknown Source)
    … 5 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    … 6 more

Thanks to all !

Fred

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hello,

As explained in the documentation (https://www.icescrum.com/documentation/application-server/#application-server_4), I assume that you get this error because you have not deleted the tomcat-jdbc.jar library from the Tomcat lib directory.

Can you try deleting it and starting iceScrum again?

fclaramunt
    Participant

Hello and thank you for you answer.

I read the documentation, and I have already deleted the tomcat-jdbc.jar file.

Maybe another thing to do ?

Thank you !

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hello,

You should have received an email for a follow up!

fclaramunt
    Participant

Hello !

Yes I just receive the email.

For the moment, I change of way :

– I plan to use a dedicated server for Icescrum, not using a mutualized server that cause problem when disabling tomcat-jdbc.jar

I work on this project the 7 of december and I came back for the news.

Thanks !

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

We look forward to hearing from you then ! 🙂

fclaramunt
    Participant

Hello again !

Now i had one server :

– Windows 2008 Server
    – Apache Tomcat 7.0
    – Java
    – MySql

I try to use the command : java -Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -jar icescrum.jar

This don’t deploy the application in webapps folder

So I try to copy icescrum.war in webapps folder … apache hangs…

Obsiously I delete the tomcat-jdbc.jar

I miss something ?

Thanks you !

Fred

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hello Fred,

The icescrum.jar release replaces icescrum.war + tomcat entirely.

Indeed, the command you have tried is not intended to deploy iceScrum to an existing Tomcat installed on your machine but it rather starts a Tomcat instance that is embedded in the .jar without exposing it to the outer world.

The command output should tell you more about how the deployment goes and it should offer you to open an URL (usually constructed from your internal IP address).

fclaramunt
    Participant

Thank you for this explanation.

In my case what is the better way to deploy icescrum ?

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Given what I understood of your context, you already have a Tomcat server but you don’t want the iceScrum installation to interfere with your other webapps (e.g. through the modification of the Tomcat classpath by removing the tomcat-jdbc jar).

That leaves you with two options:

• Deploy another Tomcat server that will be dedicated to iceScrum. It requires having knowledge in Tomcat and following the dedicated documentation: https://www.icescrum.com/documentation/application-server/. The benefit of using your Tomcat installation is that you have full control on it

• Use icescrum.jar by following the install guide: https://www.icescrum.com/documentation/install-guide/. It requires very little knowledge and time to install but it will give you less “application server-ish” configuration options. Mainly, it is not possible to use it in combination with a reverse proxy, which doesn’t prevent your from defining custom port/host but will significantly reduce your options

fclaramunt
    Participant

Thank you very much ! – Merci beaucoup !

Les échanges rapides et pertinents sur le forum sont une mine.

Mes deux sites icescrum (Pré Production et Production) sont en ligne !

Le tout avec une installation personnalisée du serveur d’application TomCat

Bonnes fêtes !!!

Fred

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Fred,

Merci pour votre réponse et pour votre enthousiasme ! 🙂

Passez de bonnes fêtes également,

Nicolas

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Installation’ is closed to new topics and replies.