iceScrum | Import from 6#14.14 to v7.0.9 fails in tasks import step – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discuss on iceScrum

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Author

jmanzanares
    Participant

Hello.

I’m trying to import my old project from 6#14.14. I made the export using the option export to V7. The export works well.

After that I run a new server and execute v7.0.9 .jar with java run command. The old project is big. I need at least 2.5GB of RAM assigned to JVM if i don’t want the process crashed by out of memory.

Put the memory requisits out of the problem. When I run the import process it fails when it goes by import tasks step.
    The error i can see in Icescrum web page is Error, invalid: a valid type is required when the task is not associated to a story

Best regards.
    Joan Manzanares

Vincent Barrier
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you send us an export of your project? (support@kagilum.com)

Cheers;

jmanzanares
    Participant

I must to ask if I can. The file is greater than 200 MB.
    The xml file takes more than 30MB. And the rest are images that can have some sensible client information.
    Can I send only the XML?
    However I was looking for into de DB, in icescrum2_task table, if there are some task with type id NULL and parent_story_id NULL and there isn’t anyone.
    Can I make another SQL query that put me on the track of what happen? Why the import message tell me that the task doesn’t have the propertly type?

Thannk you

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Yes you can send only the XML.

If there is no such inconsistent Task in the original DB then the inconsistency may come from the XML or the import process (e.g. a task that would be attempted to validate before it is fully populated). Thus, I am afraid that no SQL query could help with that.

jmanzanares
    Participant

I have sent the email with only the XML file into a zip. Like your colleague suggested.
    Good luck with the problem and thank you again for the support.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Feedback, defects, evolutions’ is closed to new topics and replies.