iceScrum | GET Request timeout after inactivity – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discuss on iceScrum

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author

ffaure32_old_kag
    Participant

Hello,

We’re encountering a strange behaviour on our icescrum server. It is a R6#14.4 standalone server installed on a tomcat 7.0.15 running on linux.

Here is our problem :
    The server is responding normally if we navigate actively. But if we leave a page opened for a while (let’s say 2 minutes or more), the next request generated by a clic on the page will never get a response. I’ve tried to watch it through chrome dev tools and it just ends with a timeout (request canceled after 45 seconds).

The only solution is to reload the page. Then, it behaves normally (but if we were in edition mode, we lose what we had worked on…)

Does it ring a bell to anybody?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hello Fred,

For a Tomcat 7 install iceScrum requires at least 7.0.23 (Tomcat 8 is not supported yet), as explained in our documentation: https://www.icescrum.com/documentation/application-server. Former versions had bugs that prevent nominal use of iceScrum and there are good chances that this is the cause of your issue.

Also, is your Tomcat connector configured to use the NIO protocol ? If not then it can also cause similar issues.

ffaure32_old_kag
    Participant

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you for your prompt response. I checked the configuration and the nio protocol is activated. Actually, we’re using the icescrum standalone server which is embedding its own tomcat version.
    The installed version is R6#14.4. I guess a more recent one (R6#14.10) would embed tomcat 7.0.23.
    I’ll give it a try as soon as possible and give a feedback.

Thanks again,

Fred

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hello Fred,

That’s really strange! iceScrum either comes without Tomcat (it’s a simple .war file that you have to deploy in your own Tomcat) or as a .jar file that contains its own Tomcat 7.0.52.

For how long have you been using iceScrum? Even the “iceScrum Server” installer which has been deprecated a long time ago came with Tomcat 7.0.29…

ffaure32_old_kag
    Participant

Ok, my mistake.
    I don’t know where I found this “7.0.15”… I checked again and the embedded tomcat version is indeed 7.0.52

Then, I’m afraid our problem is somewhere else…

Nobody else encounters these timeouts?

Thanks in advance,

Fre

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Are you still facing this issue?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Feedback, defects, evolutions’ is closed to new topics and replies.