iceScrum | Error exporting Database – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discuss on iceScrum

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Author

edazevedo
    Participant

Hi,

I have a IceScrum Server R6#13.8 version with a HSQLDB database, now I would like to migrate to the most recent verison.
    But I have a project that when I export it, just get the message telling me that an error occurred, when at the step “exporting releases”, but I don’t know the cause.
    I’ve exported other projects without any problem.
    I’ve checked the logs and couldn’t find anything.
    Can you get me some clues how to solve this problem?

Thanks

edazevedo
    Participant

It seems that I have some sort of corrupt data in the database, I’m receiving the following error:
    “No row with the given identifier exists: [org.icescrum.core.domain.Story#531]”

Is there a way I can access the database directly and fix it?

edazevedo
    Participant

Solved.
    Had some tasks associated to a story (ID 531) that didn’t exist

DELETE from ICESCRUM2_TASK WHERE PARENT_STORY_ID NOT IN (select ID from ICESCRUM2_STORY);

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hello,

Glad to know that you managed to solve your issue, thanks for the updates. We investigate to understand how such inconsistency has been made possible.

However, (I say that mostly for other people that may read this post), please note that relying on manual DB updates must be done as a last resort and after a DB backup to avoid losing data / breaking your database.

edazevedo
    Participant

Hi,
    Is there other way to update IceScrum verison, from the deprecated IceScrum Server version to the latest version, and move from HSQLDB to MySql without doing it manually?
    I got 3 projects that I’ve managed to export.
    One that still does not have much data, I’ve imported successfully, the other 2 always get “format error in backup” error message.
    Already had several approaches to fix the XML file, but without success so far. Just didn’t figured out what is wrong with it.
    Can you help me on this?

Thanks

edazevedo
    Participant

I’ve recreated my MySql database and guarantee the default character set as utf8 and collation utf8_general_ci

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you send me the failing export files? nnoullet _ at _ kagilum _ dot _ com

edazevedo
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your support.
    I’ve sent you 2 emails yesterday. Did you receive it? (zip files had 10Mb each)

Thanks

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes I did receive them and I did not forget you but I had to finish my ongoing work. I will look at your exports today.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Migration’ is closed to new topics and replies.