iceScrum | Drag-and-Drop animation issue – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discuss on iceScrum

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Author

adrianshum
    Participant

The animation of dragging stories between panels is misleading.

For example, when I am in the Product Backlog screen, and I drag and drop story from the Sandbox box, this will happen:
    1. When I dragging the item in the Sandbox box, it disappear in the Sandbox box.
    2. When it is dragged over to the Product Backlog panel, a place holder appear.
    3. I release the mouse button to drop, and the item I dropped fly back to the box
    4. The item reappear in Sandbox box
    5. Then another animation for the item to fly from the box to the Product backlog panel again (in some screens I remember I don’t even see this animation)
    6. Item disappear from Sandbox box and appear in Product Backlog panel

It is misleading and it always causes me check again and again during drag-and-drop, because the “flying back” animation makes me think I have dropped to some un-allowed place and the drag-and-drop is not successful.

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hello Adrian

Thanks for your detailed feedback (if all issue reports were like this, my life would be easier!).

I agree that this animation is misleading, but we have no plan to fix it. Indeed, the iceScrum UI is now a bit dated and while the technology we used at the time was the very best available, there are now much better tools to build good UI/UX. Thus, we currently focus our efforts on the development of a brand new UI for iceScrum, alongside with other improvements. It will be released under the name “iceScrum R7”.

I can give you access to a private Alpha version of iceScrum R7 if you want to try it and provide your feedback on the new interface.

In the meantime, I would recommend that you ignore the animation and only take into account the final state: if the story is not in the Sandbox and has moved to the backlog then it worked.

adrianshum
    Participant

Hi, I am interested to take a look in the new interface if there is already a testing environment that I can connect to šŸ™‚

Our company is using IceScrum Pro and I guess I may give a note to the team maintaining icescrum if the UX is improved, so that we can plan for future upgrade šŸ™‚

adrianshum
    Participant

oops, I just saw that beta is out for public testing šŸ™‚ Have had a try and I will try to give more feedback šŸ™‚

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

I hope that you like it and I am looking forward to hearing your feedback šŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Feedback, defects, evolutions’ is closed to new topics and replies.