iceScrum | Declare stories as Done – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discuss on iceScrum

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Author

Kagilum
    Keymaster

We are using a locally installed version of iceScrum.

We just started on 2nd sprint and noticed that we cannot “Declare a story as Done” even when all associated tasks are done. We were able to declare as done with the first sprint.

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas?

Thank you,

Brian

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hello Brian,

Here are the two requirements to make the “Declare a as done” menu appear:
    – The story must be in progress
    – The user must be Product Owner

Are you sure that these requirements are met? If so, the menu should be displayed. If it is, does it work?

Kagilum
    Keymaster

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for the response. You are right; the stories in this sprint are all in a state of “Planned”. The only exception is a story that was moved forward from the last sprint, whose state is “In Progress” and can be declared as done.

The question now is how do I change the state of the other stories to “In Progress”?

Thanks again,

Brian

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Brian,

All the stories of an “in progress” sprint should be at least “In progress”, or done. Can you confirm that the sprint is in progress and you have both “In progress” and “Planned” stories in it?

Kagilum
    Keymaster

Yes, sprint 2 is “In Progress” but the tasks are “Planned”.

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Brian,

Just to be sure, you say that “tasks are Planned” but I was asking about the stories ! Can you confirm that stories are “Planned”?

If so, that is very unusual and that should not happen. If you want to make the other stories be “in progress” then you can browse the release plan, move the stories to the next sprint and then move them back to the “in progress” sprint. Please note that this may unlink some “done” tasks from the moved story so you may need to move them back to the correct row.

Kagilum
    Keymaster

Hi Nicolas,

Right. I meant to say that the stories are “Planned”.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try it out.

Brian

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Questions and help’ is closed to new topics and replies.