iceScrum | Changing e-mail address of team member – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discuss on iceScrum

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author

Kagilum
    Keymaster

One of my teammembers has lost his password and my company changed the company e-mailaddress for him due to company policies. Now he doesn’t get the password recovery e-mail. Is there a way to change the e-mailaddress of a teammember?

Getting the old e-mailaddress restored is not a real option due to policies and complex procedures. A workaround is getting him creating a new account with the correct e-mailaddress, adding the new account to the team and updating all his activities.

Nicolas Noullet
    Keymaster

Hi,

There are several options:
    – You can download iceScrum Pro and generate an evaluation license that offers 14 days of free evaluation. iceScrum Pro has an administration feature that allows to change user credentials and account information (https://www.icescrum.com/documentation/icescrum-pro/administration/#administration-users). iceScrum Pro is a superset of iceScrum Community and when the license expires, you get only the Community features just like if you use a regular iceScrum Community version.
    – You can update the email address in the database by using an external DB client compatible with your DBMS. Such manual updates should be avoided as much as possible because if they are not made carefully they can lead to irreversible inconsistencies in iceScrum data.
    – I agree that restoring the old email address would be overkill. However, sometimes server administrators set up a default inbox for emails that are sent to unrecognized email adresses on the company domains. You may ask your administrator if it is the case.
    – The last option consists in creating a new user account, but you will not be able to re-assign done items (tasks, activities) to this account. Only ongoing and new items / events can be associated to the new user account.

Kagilum
    Keymaster

Thank you for the answer. A database administrator changed the e-mailaddress and my teammember is back in business again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Questions and help’ is closed to new topics and replies.