iceScrum | Microsoft Teams – iceScrum

iceScrum Foros Discutir de iceScrum

Viendo 7 entradas - de la 1 a la 7 (de un total de 7)

• Autor
    Entradas

JohnO
    Participante

Hello,
    I want to be able to collaborate with my scrum team members using Microsoft Teams e.g. commenting on stories and tasks.
    In the «Comments» tab of a task there is field labeled «Create a meeting or collaborative session». Is this the right place to do this?
    Here there are two icons, one for «Miro», one for «Goolge Hangouts» displayed and a «+» icon.
    When I click on the «+» icon, I can select the «App» for Microsoft Teams, however it is already enabled for my project.

In the documentation under «Apps/Integration» there is an entry for Micosoft Teams. However when I select this, it just shows a header «Principals» and one line of text «Coming soon…»

Can I use Microsoft Teams with iceScrum?

Regards
    John

Nicolas Noullet
    Superadministrador

Dear John,

There is indeed a Microsoft Teams integration with iceScrum!

What is «Coming soon…» is just the documentation. Actually we wrote it when releasing the App but we lost it because of a bug in our documentation editor. We have to write it again…

The integration does not allow to comment on stories / tasks from Teams. The call to action you found in the «Comments» section lists Apps that provide online meetings. When you click on it it opens the App catalog filtered with the term «Collaboration» to promote related Apps that you may also be interested in, that is why you can see the Teams app from there. It is a bit misleading.

Here is what the integration currently does:
    – It sends iceScrum story events to Teams, like the Slack integrations does: https://www.icescrum.com/documentation/slack/.
    – It allows opening iceScrum views (e.g. backlog or task board) as Teams tabs.

If you are interested in these features, we can help you set up the integration. Do you use Teams in the Cloud or does you company have its own server?

JohnO
    Participante

Dear Nicolas,

We use teams in the cloud.

Regards,
    John

JohnO
    Participante

Hi,

I read in the documentation that is possible to definine Actors. Nice feature.
    Is there a way of somehow selecting the actor for a particular story?

As a scrum master
    I would like to restrict the actors used in the Story description to a certain set of actors
    so that I can avoid other colleagues from «inventing» a new actor with every story they write.

I also read that searching for stories using these actors. However, I cannot find out how to perform an advanced search, e.g. searching for all stories for a particular actor.

Here is an except from the documentation:

«…Usage

IceScrum search bar is available on the top right corner of the grey toolbar. You can use it to find elements in each of these views : Sandbox, Product Backlog, Sprint plan and Icebox . To do an advanced research, you have to click on the last button of the iceScrum blue toolbar. In the drop-down list choose “Finder”.

Advanced Search

You can search for any iceScrum elements (tasks, stories, features, actors) in the unified finder view, they will then appear classified by sort of element. Various filters are available to help you find exactly what you are looking for….»

Where is the «Blue Toolbar»? I have searched and searched but can’t see any blue toolbar. A screen shot would be nice.

JohnO
    Participante

OK, I have found out how to define actors and how to reference an actor when writing a story using the «@» symbol.
    However, I still cannot find the «Advance Search».

JohnO
    Participante

OK, it seems like the «Advanced Search» feature that I read, was desribed in the old (R6) documentation. Problem solved.

Nicolas Noullet
    Superadministrador

Hi John,

In addition to what you found, in iceScrum 7 you can filter the whole application with a specific actor by typing its name in the search bar and clicking in the autocompleted result. You can also click on the number of stories displayed in the actor settings in order to get the same result.

We call such persisted filter «Context», and it can also be applied by tag or feature.

Viendo 7 entradas - de la 1 a la 7 (de un total de 7)

El foro ‘Questions and help’ está cerrado y no se permiten nuevos debates ni respuestas.