iceScrum | Use as context question – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discutez d'iceScrum

• Ce sujet contient 3 réponses, 2 participants et a été mis à jour pour la dernière fois par Anonyme, le il y a 6 années et 10 mois.
4 sujets de 1 à 4 (sur un total de 4)

• Auteur

aharley
    Participant

Hi,

I am evaluating icescrum for use within our team and I have some questions about the Features tab. I am using standalone version 7.0.5 pro with a free trial licence.

I was looking for a way to add User Stories directly to a feature. At first I thought this might be possible from the Stories section on a feature but there is no option to add stories to that list, just to view them.

I was informed that the « Use as context » should help by displaying the relevant information for a feature when in the Backlog. When I click that button it shows the feature name beside the search bar and changes the colour of the menu bar but I can’t see any information about the feature other than that, I’m specifically looking for the details section as that will help with breaking down the feature into stories.

Is there a way to see the details of the feature when creating the user stories? Would you consider allowing the addition of stories from withing the features tab as it would make more sense to select a feature, read through the details then start to break it down from one place during a planning meeting.

Anonyme
    Inactif

Hello,

Thank you for your question. This idea is within our sandbox, so we will be working on it soon.

A workaround you can use for now is to click on the « … » below the feature and then « copy to backlog ». The feature will be added as a new story, with the same name, in your sandbox. You can then go to your sandbox and click again on « … » on the story ticket you created and click on « split ». Doing this you will be able to add any number of stories you want in a raw, describe them, etc…

I hope it will work for you 🙂

Let us know !

aharley
    Participant

Hi Julien,

Thanks for your response, had a look at that workaround and I think that will work for us just now.

It would also be nice to be able to quickly see the feature a story belongs to on the task board without having to click onto the user story. We’ll probably end up adding the feature name to the child stories for now.

Thanks,

Anonyme
    Inactif

Hi again,

For this second point :
    -You can give a color to your feature. When in the feature view, choose a feature, and in the right panel next to its « type » you can choose a color from a color palette.
    -When you create a new story (or go on the details of an existing story) you can affiliate it to a feature. If you do so and your feature has a custom color your story will get the same color. It will allow you to see quickly which story belongs to which feature in your backlog or task board view.

Cheers !

4 sujets de 1 à 4 (sur un total de 4)

Le forum ‘Questions and help’ est fermé à de nouveaux sujets et réponses.