iceScrum | problem with Activities and e-mails using docker icescrum/icescrum – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discutez d'iceScrum

9 sujets de 1 à 9 (sur un total de 9)

• Auteur

jaceklo
    Participant

Hello!

I have standalone installation (jar file + mysql) which works file.
    I’ve decided tu use preferred icescrum/icescrum docker inside jelastic cloud environment. Installation was ok. I’ve not started icescrum setup, because I want to use mysql db. MySQL installation finished ok, database for icescrum and user account are identical as for standalone installation. Then I run icesrum setup.E-mail parameters I set identical as for standalone installation. Then I stop icescrum, import data from standalone installation and restart icescrum. Work fine, data are visible BUT:
    1. Activities panel doesn’t fill-up with new activities
    2. E-mail notifications doesn;t work

I check connection to e-mail server (gmail, check port 465 and 587 – connections are ok). There are no errors in icescrum and tomcat logs.

What should I do to icescrum started to work perfectly?

Nicolas Noullet
    Maître des clés

Hi,

1. Activities may take time to show up after the import. If after some time they are still missing, please look for « activity », « activities », or « fluxiable_activity » in the logs.

2. If the config is exactly the same as a working one then either:
    – Your config.groovy is not taken into account. You can toggle other settings to check that.
    – There is an issue in the docker / jelastic environment. If so, we can help your in the forum but we probably can’t do much without playing with the server and this support service is reserved for paying customers. May I ask why you prefer jelastic over our hosted solutions?

jaceklo
    Participant

Hi,
    config.groovy: IceScrum load from:
    ——————————————————–
    *** iceScrum home defined config: file:/root/.icescrum/config.groovy. ***
    (*) grails.config.locations = [file:/root/.icescrum/config.groovy]
    ——————————————————–
    and this is the correct config.groovy

I use jelastic because it is platform choosen by the company to run a lot of applications.

There are not entries with activity, activities or fluxiable_activity in any of the logs 🙁
    So it seems ok, but not working … ;)))
    As I see, in the fluxiable… tables rows appears when ,for example, I add new task.

jaceklo
    Participant

one problem resolved: e-mail notifications works!
    problem was with spaces between <var> and equal sign and <value>, i.e. i was email entries like
    grails.mail.host = « smtp.gmail.com »
    and when I remove spaces (result: grails.mail.host= »smtp.gmail.com »), notifications starts working.

But Activities panel is still not working.

The complementary fact : old entries (« imported » by mysql databasel import) are visible, the new ones do not appear (!)

Nicolas Noullet
    Maître des clés

Glad to know that you solved the issue regarding Emails.

Regarding activities, that’s very strange. If you create a story then the corresponding activity is not shown in the dashboard?

jaceklo
    Participant

Exactly 🙁

Nicolas Noullet
    Maître des clés

Can you try restarting the server and check again?

Also, what version of iceScrum are you using?

jaceklo
    Participant

Yes, I restaring server many times and it doesn’t help.

Additionally I applied the war archive, of course previously deleting the data from Tomcat – and it also did not help.
    I download this war yesterday from icescrum portal.

Nicolas Noullet
    Maître des clés

Hi,

You told me « As I see, in the fluxiable… tables rows appears when ,for example, I add new task. ».

Task activities are not supposed to be shown on the dashboard, only the story ones. Can you check if entries are added in the fluxiable table rows when you create a user story in the sandbox?

If not, there must be an error in the logs. You can enable verbose logging to be sure to get the whole error:
    icescrum.debug.enable = true

9 sujets de 1 à 9 (sur un total de 9)

Le forum ‘Migration’ est fermé à de nouveaux sujets et réponses.