iceScrum | Multiple IceScrum installations on same server – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discutez d'iceScrum

2 sujets de 1 à 2 (sur un total de 2)

• Auteur

northwind
    Participant

In connection with the switch from version 6 to 7 (and gratz on that one – looks really nice – well obviously I think so or this Q wouldn’t be):

I got the amazing idea to run up the two versions side by side. Of course planning for different database and port setup. BUT no zigar:

icescrum7@isd1:~$ java -Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -jar icescrum7.jar host=isd1 port=8888
    java.io.IOException: Permission denied
            at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
            at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:2001)
            at grails.plugin.standalone.AbstractLauncher.extractWar(AbstractLauncher.java:68)
            at grails.plugin.standalone.AbstractLauncher.extractWar(AbstractLauncher.java:64)
            at grails.plugin.standalone.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:98)
    Error loading Tomcat: Permission denied

Of course IceScrum-6 is using tomcat, but is there an argument to IceScrum to let icescrum7 co-exist?

Nicolas Noullet
    Maître des clés

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, we are glad that you like the new version!

In theory, making two versions of iceScrum cohabit (regardless of them being 6 & 7) doesn’t work out of the box because by default they will store their configuration files in the same directory on your filesystem. These default directories are defined according to the user home of the user who starts iceScrum.

The solution consists in making them store their files in different places. A workaround to achieve this result consists in starting iceScrum with different Linux users, which is apparently what you are doing!

I suspect that it doesn’t work because the icescrum7 user lacks the permissions to create directories in its home directories, namely icescrum and .icescrum or in the directory from where you start it (logs and the default DB are created there by default).

An other way to achieve a similar result consists in overriding the default locations by providing additional configuration to each server. I can help you if you want to go that way.

2 sujets de 1 à 2 (sur un total de 2)

Le forum ‘Migration’ est fermé à de nouveaux sujets et réponses.