iceScrum | Blank Web Page in all browsers – iceScrum

iceScrum Forums Discutez d'iceScrum

4 sujets de 1 à 4 (sur un total de 4)

• Auteur

Innos
    Participant

Hi,

We have installed icescrum on-premise on our own server and we used it since a couple of days in a smaller scrum team.
    Today, out of the blue, I am facing a blank page in all my browsers (Chrome, Edge, Opera) when I open the normal URL that I used before (<ip>:8080/icescrum). This issue occurs on my computer only. The other team members can use IceScrum with the same URL like they are used to.
    All these browsers have the latest version installed, my OS is Windows 10 and my firewall is switched off. In addition, there is nothing mentioned in the logs of icescrum on the server.

Any ideas how I can trouble shoot this?

Thanks in advance!

Nicolas Noullet
    Maître des clés

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed report.

A way to trouble shoot this would consist in trying to isolate the problem.

If several browsers are affected then this looks like a network issue. You may first check the browser console and see what is the status of the HTTP response you get. There may be an explanation in the HTTP headers as well.

You may also use the command line to access iceScrum e.g.
    wget http://<ip>:8080/icescrum

If it still doesn’t work, then you may then try from another network connection, e.g. ethernet if you were using the Wi-Fi (and vice-versa). This will change your IP address as well as the network devices between you and iceScrum so the outcome may change.

You may also switch from ethernet to another ethernet cable or from Wi-FI to another Wi-Fi hotspot but there are less chances of success.

If your iceScrum server is accessible from the Internet then switching to another Internet connexion would also be very interesting.

Innos
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately I had no chances to change my network connection in any way. But we just restarted the IceScrum process on our server and it worked. So for the moment we are okay 🙂

Anyways, I can’t explain actually what went wrong but restarting IceScrum itself did work. So it doesn’t seem to be a local problem of my PC?!

I will reach out to you if this issue comes back again.

Thank you and best regards

Nicolas Noullet
    Maître des clés

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

For the moment the clues do not point in the same direction, so it’s hard to guess.

What we learned: it seems to be related to your computer, but probably not your iceScrum account, cookies or browsers or IP address. That is strange, so this should be confirmed if it happens again. Also, it disappears when restarting iceScrum.

Anyway I am glad that it works again! Feel free to come back if it happens again.

Kind regards

Nicolas

4 sujets de 1 à 4 (sur un total de 4)

Le forum ‘Feedback, defects, evolutions’ est fermé à de nouveaux sujets et réponses.