iceScrum | Sorting by Rank - Ascending / Descending – iceScrum

iceScrum Foros Discutir de iceScrum

Viendo 2 entradas - de la 1 a la 2 (de un total de 2)

• Autor
    Entradas

JohnO
    Participante

Hello Nicolas,

it seems that the other thread I posted this on is dead, if not, sorry for the repetition.

I have another question about “rank” or about sorting in general.

When I sort my backlog in iceScrum by rank (default sorting criteria in the list view), then iceScrum will sort the backlog items, by default, in “Ascending” order.

Will this then result in the item at the top of the list having the lowest value (rank) and the item at the bottom of the list having the highest value (rank)?

If I sort using the criteria «number of tasks», then my assumption seems to be correct. If I sort by date, then I’m not so sure, as the order of creation date is not always consistent. If I sort by rank, I do not know, because the «rank» is invisible.

If the lowest ranked item is at the top (Ascending) then this view is really the opposite of the behaviour that I, as PO, would expect i.e.

As a Product Owner
    I want that my most important backlog items appear at the top of the backlog
    So that I can quickly identify the items I want to implement next

😉

If my thinking is correct, then in order to display my most important backlog item at the top of the list, I have to change the sort order from «Ascending» to “Descending” every time. Is this correct?

Regards,
    John

Nicolas Noullet
    Superadministrador

Hi John,

Sorry I thought I had answered, probably never clicked on «Submit»…

Value and Rank are différent things. As I said in the other thread, the Rank is the position of the item in the regular Backlog sorting order, which means that the story at the very top left is Ranked «1», then the next is «2» etc. You can think of it as Music Charts, number 1 is the best !

Viendo 2 entradas - de la 1 a la 2 (de un total de 2)

El foro ‘Questions and help’ está cerrado y no se permiten nuevos debates ni respuestas.