iceScrum | Setting up the development environment for IceScrum – iceScrum

iceScrum Foros Discutir de iceScrum

Viendo 4 entradas - de la 1 a la 4 (de un total de 4)

• Autor
    Entradas

agut
    Participante

Hello,

I am planning to use IceScrum and also try to implement few additional features
    I’ve searched information about building \ compiling it from scratch but found nothing

Is there any resources (official\unofficial) that give the details showing how to setup the development environment?

Thanks

Nicolas Noullet
    Superadministrador

Hello,

The current released version, iceScrum R6, is quite difficult to setup and will be deprecated by iceScrum R7 in the upcoming months. The whole front-end and large parts of the backend have changed (in a good way) in iceScrum R7 so I would not recommend investing in iceScrum R6.

We currently focus on iceScrum R7 development and we don’t have the resources to facilitate and support community developments yet, and some parts are still subject to changes.

Anyway, thanks for your interest! Can you tell us about the additional features you would like to implement?

agut
    Participante

Thank you for answer, Nicolas

I’ve already handled the problem of building from source, it’s was a grails version issue (i’ve used 3.x.x, changed to 2.5.3)
    I think I’m already on version R7, because I take code from master branch on your github repository – correct me if I’m wrong
    Answering to your question – I want to study different ways of evaluating and predicting sprint progress, but for now it’s just a concept

Nicolas Noullet
    Superadministrador

You’re welcome,

I confirm that the master branch is iceScrum R7, it makes use of the latest Bootstrap / Angular 1 libraries on the client side and should keep up with the 2.5.X grails version in the backend (grails 3.X.X breaks many things and is more micro-service oriented so for the moment we don’t plan to upgrade).

I am curious: by predicting sprint progress you mean the progress of tasks inside a sprint, or progress of done stories sprint by sprint?

Viendo 4 entradas - de la 1 a la 4 (de un total de 4)

El foro ‘Installation’ está cerrado y no se permiten nuevos debates ni respuestas.