iceScrum | HowTo to install icescrum on Ubuntu 14.04 – iceScrum

iceScrum Foros Discutir de iceScrum

Viendo 2 entradas - de la 1 a la 2 (de un total de 2)

• Autor
    Entradas

Kagilum
    Superadministrador

Hi all,
    is there a good HowTo for installing icescrum on Ubuntu?

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 and have some trouble…

I followed this manual so far:
    http://www.red87.com/install-icescrum-ubuntu-server-14-04/

But I ran into some problems. I had to define the location of the icescrum groovy file and some other little things. At the moment, I can not start my application and the error log shows me long long java error messages…

So some main error messages I can spot are:

ERROR org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader  - Context initialisation failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'messageSource': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManager': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'hibernateProperties' while setting bean property 'hibernateProperties'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'hibernateProperties': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'dialectDetector' while setting bean property 'properties' with key [hibernate.dialect]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'dialectDetector': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: File input/output error prodDba.properties java.io.FileNotFoundException: prodDba.properties.new (Permission denied)

So any permission denied message

Can anyone provide some help on that?

Nicolas Noullet
    Superadministrador

Hi,

We do not recommend to follow «manuals» or «tutorials» to install iceScrum because, unfortunately, they are either wrong, incomplete or outdated.

Here is what is needed to install iceScrum:
    1. Install a Java, we recommend and support Java 7
    2. Install a servlet container, we recommend and support Tomcat 7
    3. Install a DBMS (optional but strongly recommended for production purposes).
    4. Install and configure (config.groovy) the iceScrum web application, configure the container (server.xml) and the JVM that it uses (CATALINA_OPTS) accordingly, create the empty database if you use a custom DBMS.

Steps 1., 2. and 3 are external to iceScrum and there there is no unique source of truth regarding how you should install these tools: it depends on your OS, your context, your security policy etc. One must understand how they work in order to configure a server properly and safely, and there a plenty of good documentations (starting by the official ones) to get there. As an example, just for Tomcat on Ubuntu, there are several valid ways to install it (command line package manager, GUI package manager, archive), and use it (service or not, specific user or not, use the Tomcat Manager GUI or only config files and command line…).

On the other hand, everything that is specific to iceScrum (step 4.) should be provided in our install guide: https://www.icescrum.com/documentation/install-guide/.

Your error message tells us that iceScrum cannot create the prodDba.properties file because it lacks the necessary permissions. As explained in the documentation, this file is part of the database generated by the default DBMS that comes with iceScrum, and by default these files are created by the user who starts Tomcat in the start path of Tomcat. You can fix this issue by providing the permissions to create this file to the user who starts Tomcat or by configuring a custom DBMS.

Viendo 2 entradas - de la 1 a la 2 (de un total de 2)

El foro ‘Installation’ está cerrado y no se permiten nuevos debates ni respuestas.